Our black synthetic dreadlock extensions are single-ended and are made by the backcombing and crochet method making them long-lasting and very durable. Unlike some cheaper synthetic dreadlocks, these haven't been twisted or wrapped so they will not fall apart or unwind. Not only do they resemble the look of real human hair dread extensions, but they are also extremely lightweight and flexible too.
Sometimes extensions may feel slightly stiff to start with but they soften over time from being worn.
These synthetic dreadlocks are around 8mm thick and 24inches/ 61cm long. There is a loop at the top for temporary braid in application or crochet onto existing dreadlocks for permanent installation and instant length!
This price includes 10 individual dreadlock extensions. Please select more quantities as needed.
For a full head of dread, 50-60 dreadlocks is usually enough.
Material: Kanekalon synthetic hair.
Installation into un-dreaded hair:
- Take a section of your hair and gently spray with a little water ( a little water helps to smooth your hair and allow for a tighter installation with less fuzz!)
- Pull the hair through the loop of the synthetic dreadlock.
- Push the dreadlock up to your root and split your own hair in two so you have three pieces including the extension. ( Like you would have three pieces for a braid)
- Braid the extension and the hair together and secure with a small elastic.
Our Installation Kit has everything you need. You will get a kit FREE with every order over 50x synthetic dreadlocks. ( You do not need to add the kit to your basket)
Permanent installation to real dreadlocks
- Cut the loop at the top so you have a few cm of loose synthetic hair. Overlap this hair onto your existing dread and crochet together.
How to care for synthetic dreads
These synthetic dreadlocks have been created to the highest quality so not much maintenance will be required. Now and again you may want to pull in a few loose hairs should they occur with a crochet hook and general washing to keep them fresh and clean.
How to clean
You can wash your synthetic dreadlocks with a non-residue shampoo such as Dollylocks Liquid Shampoo. Simply squeeze a small amount onto your palm and massage it into your scalp. Rinse thoroughly.
In a rush? Try our Dollylocks Cleansing Spray. Spray directly onto the scalp and allow to penetrate for a few minutes. Wipe any excess oils, residue and excess product.
We have a range of natural coloured synthetic dreadlock extensions available ranging from different shades of blonde, brown, dark auburn and black.
Want the whole look? Check out our range of dread bands, beads, accent sets and dread wraps for that perfect hippy vibe.